The Women's Shadow Glow-In-The-Dark SPLATTER Shorts!
ONLY 100 MADE TOTAL!
SOOOOOO COMFY! SOOO Retro! SOOO cool when the Splatter Glows In The Dark --- You'll be wearing them every chance you get!
Gecko Hawaii's Original 1980's Splatter with a GLOW-IN-THE-DARK update!
- Individually Hand Splattered in the USA! That means each pair of shorts has it's own unique look!
- Splatter paint GLOWS IN THE DARK!
- Glow in the dark, puffed, retro Gecko Hawaii Logo
- 2 Side Pockets, 1 back pocket.
- Great length! They fall to the top of the knee (longer than our volley's & shorter than our board shorts -- perfect walking shorts length.)
- White, Neon Green, Neon Blue & Neon Pink glow in the dark Splatter!
- Authentic 80s/90s texture look and feel
- Gecko Hawaii teamed up with one of long time artists from the 80's to remake our signature splatter!
We worked with Dennis back in the late 80s & 90s — and he created hundreds of thousands of Gecko Hawaii Splatter tees. Since then, Dennis has worked with every brand in the book, from brands like OP and Bugle Boy in the 80’s to Supreme today.
This is the first time we have made GITD SPLATTER shorts and they will revolutionize your summer without a doubt! Chill in the day and party in the dark! Super unique, but subtle and epically 80's/early 90's and RAD! These hoodies fit perfectly!
The Look, The Feel, The History of Gecko's Splatter:
Our neon green, pink, white, blue and black splatter was different than other contemporary’s at the time because although we used neon — it was much more subtle — using super small — yet evenly dispersed paint specks all over the shirt. At the time (and still today), most splatter shirts consisted of either one color, multi-color with huge streaks and splashes. That can look cool, but it can also be hard to pull off and can look too busy. We wanted to release something that had a “pop” and was rad — but was strong and subtle. By using the “speckle/splash” technique, it gave the shirt a look as though it was almost part of the fabric itself.
If you still happen to own of the early splatter shirts, you’d notice that the paint had a lot more texture to it. As time went on, with larger mass production, the addition of graphics, and new types of paint — the splatter was flattened in the “flashing” process. However, our goal for the first Splatter shirts, hoodie, jogger & shorts re-release was to re-create that first ever splatter shirt we made. It is fully equipped with the original texturized splatter from the late 80’s early 90’s (check out the video, we even used some of the VERY SAME paint from back then!). with a simple pocket logo. This required us to splatter by hand — not by graphic design or digital printer.You can feel the quality and it is AWESOME. As far as we know, there is nothing else out there like it today.