LIMITED EDITION SPLATTER
The Original 1988 "Gecko Wrap"
ONE TIME ONLY TEE!
With Limited Edition Glow-In-The-Dark Gecko!
Gecko Splatter Wrap was one of our BEST SELLING TEES OF ALL TIME in the 1980's!
- Originally Printed in 1988!
- 1st Edition Re-Issue!
- Limited Edition!
- Front Facing Tee
- 100% Cotton
- Individually Hand Splattered - Each has it's own unique look.
- White & Black Splatter Tees were some of our most iconic tees from 88 onward.
- Uses some original paint from the original Gecko Splatter era for authentic 80s/90s texture look and feel
- Blacklight reactive makes it look like you're in space!
- We brought the "micro splatter" for this one! -- Smaller splatter dots, which was something we did for many years -- it almost looks as though they are 3Dimensional thread!
- This splattered on our Gecko Neon Tees. We recommend actual size.
About Gecko Hawaii's Original White SPLATTER
The Look, The Feel, The History of Gecko's Splatter:
Our neon green, pink, white, blue and black splatter was different than other contemporary’s at the time because although we used neon — it was much more subtle — using super small — yet evenly dispersed paint specks all over the shirt. At the time (and still today), most splatter shirts consisted of either one color, multi-color with huge streaks and splashes. That can look cool, but it can also be hard to pull off and can look too busy. We wanted to release something that had a “pop” and was rad — but was strong and subtle. By using the “speckle/splash” technique, it gave the shirt a look as though it was almost part of the fabric itself.
If you still happen to own of the early splatter shirts, you’d notice that the paint had a lot more texture to it. As time went on, with larger mass production, the addition of graphics, and new types of paint — the splatter was flattened in the “flashing” process. However, our goal for the first Splatter shirts, hoodie, jogger re-release was to re-create that first ever splatter shirt we made. It is fully equipped with the original texturized splatter from the late 80’s early 90’s (check out the video, we even used some of the VERY SAME paint from back then!). with a simple pocket logo. This required us to splatter by hand — not by graphic design or digital printer.You can feel the quality and it is AWESOME. As far as we know, there is nothing else out there like it today.