LIMITED EDITION Gecko Brand Surfboards 1988 White Splatter Hoodie!
Gecko Brand Surfboards is one of the most iconic designs in the Gecko Hawaii catalog -- and we've taken it to the next level -- adding 2X Retro, Glow-In-The-Dark, 1980's Puff Ink -- and boy, oh boy, does THIS HOODIE POP!
- Individually Hand Splattered - Each has it's own unique look.
- White, Neon Green, Neon Blue & Neon Pink Splatter
- Uses some original paint from the original Gecko Splatter era for authentic 80s/90s texture look and feel
- Double "puff-ink" pocket logo & Back Design
- Original artwork from 1988
- All the Green Puff Ink in the design GLOWS IN THE DARK
- Blacklight reactive makes it look like you're in space!
- 100% Cotton
- Kangaroo Pouch!
Gecko Hawaii teamed up with one of long time artists to bring back the original Gecko Hawaii SPLATTER!
We worked with Dennis back in the late 80s & 90s — and he created hundreds of thousands of Gecko Hawaii Splatter tees. Since then, Dennis has worked with every brand in the book, from brands like OP and Bugle Boy in the 80’s to Yeezy and Supreme today.
The Look, The Feel, The History of Gecko's Splatter:
Our neon green, pink, white, blue and black splatter was different than other contemporary’s at the time because although we used neon — it was much more subtle — using super small — yet evenly dispersed paint specks all over the shirt. At the time (and still today), most splatter shirts consisted of either one color, multi-color with huge streaks and splashes. That can look cool, but it can also be hard to pull off and can look too busy. We wanted to release something that had a “pop” and was rad — but was strong and subtle. By using the “speckle/splash” technique, it gave the shirt a look as though it was almost part of the fabric itself.
This required us to splatter by hand — not by graphic design or digital printer.You can feel the quality and it is AWESOME. As far as we know, there is nothing else out there like it today.